This is a great recipe included in Miyoko Schinner’s Artisan Vegan Cheese cookbook. I’m posting the recipe below (with my changes – more nooch & added in salsa & might try a squeeze of lemon or lime next time) since a video of the original recipe is also available here.
Low-fat Chipotle Cheese Sauce (makes about 3 cups)
- 1 c. cooked, mashed, roasted butternut squash
- 3/4 c. plain, unsweetened non-dairy yogurt (I used soy)
- 3/4 c. water (I might try soymilk next time)
- 1/2 medium onion – in quarters
- 7 T. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 c. raw cashews
- 3 T. tapioca flour
- 1/2 – 1 chipotle chile in adobe sauce
- 1/4 c. salsa
- 1 t. salt
Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Transfer to medium saucepan & cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until thick & gooey.
Hubby really loved this – he thought it was from a jar so I guess that’s an all-star endorsement. Thanks Miyoko for the great recipe!